SAP2000, structural analysis and design software. SAP2000 offers a single user interface to perform modeling, analysis, design, and reporting. The customizable SAP2000 interface allows users to define window layouts and toolbar layouts.
DirectX graphics have been enhanced for quality and speed. Lightning-fast DirectX graphics with full 2D and 3D drafting and selection capability. DirectX graphics with hardware-accelerated graphics allow for navigation of models with fly-throughs and fast rotations.
Engineers have many options when it comes to mesh generation in SAP2000. Notable meshing features include the ability to merge independently defined meshes among frame, shell and solid objects, coordinate tessellation with object orientation, and observe material boundaries to establish effective aspect ratios.
SAP2000 offers a wide range of code-based design features for steel frame, concrete frame, cold form steel, and aluminum frame.
SAP2000 v24.0.0 Enhancements
- The CSA A23.3-19 code has been added for concrete frame design.
- The CSA S16-19 code has been added for steel frame design.
- Concrete shell design per Eurocode 1992-1-1:2004 has been enhanced, including the ability to set design preferences and national annexes, improved iteration for determining the optimum amount of reinforcement, handling of variable-thickness shells, and the presentation of detailed results in tabular form.
- Time-dependent behavior of concrete has been added for the AS3600-2018 code, including creep, shrinkage, and age-dependent stiffness.
- The ability to enable/disabled the coupling between major bending, shear V2, and torsion is now available for channel and general sections.