The SAP name has been synonymous with state-of-the-art analytical methods since its introduction over 30 years ago. SAP2000 follows in the same tradition featuring a very sophisticated, intuitive and versatile user interface powered by an unmatched analysis engine and design tools for engineers working on transportation, industrial, public works, sports, and other facilities.
Advanced analytical techniques allow for step-by-step large deformation analysis, Eigen and Ritz analyses based on stiffness of nonlinear cases, catenary cable analysis, material nonlinear analysis with fiber hinges, multi-layered nonlinear shell element, buckling analysis, progressive collapse analysis, energy methods for drift control, velocity-dependent dampers, base isolators, support plasticity and nonlinear segmental construction analysis. Nonlinear analyses can be static and/or time history, with options for FNA nonlinear time history dynamic analysis and direct integration.
SAP2000 v20 Enhancements
- Auto-seismic loading according to the ASCE 7-16 code, Korean Building Code (KBC 2016) and IS 1893:2016 code has been added.
- Automated response spectrum functions according to the ASCE 7-16, Korean Building Code (KBC 2016) and IS 1893:2016 codes have been added.
- Auto-wind loading according to the ASCE 7-16 code and Korean Building Code (KBC 2016) has been added.
- The effect of reinforcing steel on the axial creep and shrinkage behavior of concrete in columns and walls is now included in the time dependent staged-construction analysis.
- A pure event-to-event option has been added for nonlinear static analysis.
- Steel frame design according to AISC 360-16 has been added.
- An option has been added to control the limiting negative stiffness ratio for frame hinges.