AutoCAD Civil 3D software supports BIM (Building Information Modeling) for enhanced civil engineering design and construction documentation.
What's new in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
- Relative elevation feature lines: Obtain feature lines from a surface or relative to a surface, so feature lines update with changes to the surface.
- Dynamic offset profiles: Create dynamic offset profiles using a default cross slope. Modify them by editing the profile properties.
- Connected alignments: Create a new dynamically linked alignment and profile that transitions between 2 intersecting alignments and their profiles.
- Pipe sizing and analysis: Resize pipes and reset inverts, and compute the energy and hydraulic grade lines according to HEC-22 2009 standards.
- Plan and profile sheet generation: Create plan/plan and profile/profile sheets by including multiple plan or profile views on a single sheet.
- Label property set data: Add custom data to AutoCAD Civil 3D object labels by using property sets.
- Traverse editor: Create points, lines, and curves representing traverse legs and sideshots using COGO input and editing tools.
- Corridor overlap resolution (bowties): Resolve corridor bowties in daylighting conditions.